Vancouver Maritime Museum
GROUPS & BIRTHDAYS
Throw your next birthday party at the Vancouver Maritime Museum. Our birthday parties are two hours long and packed full of crafts, stories, and fun activities for children aged four to eight. We’ll do most of the work, so you can relax.
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY RUNNING OUR BIRTHDAY PARTIES.
WE ARE REVIEWING OUR PROCESS TO ENSURE WE CAN PROVIDE THE BEST SERVICE FOR THE FUTURE.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE, AND WE’LL NOTIFY OUR FOLLOWERS WITH ANY NEWS IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
Birthday Party Themes
ARCTIC ANIMAL ADVENTURES – Ages 4 to 6
Can you stay warm like a polar bear or swim like a narwhal? Discover what Arctic animals do to survive and adapt to life in Canada`s most extreme environment.
LEGENDS OF THE SEA – Ages 6 to 8
Explore mermaid lore from around the world and uncover the secrets of sea monsters. From Sedna, Arctic sea goddess, to the Ogopogo of Okanagan Lake, this party will be legendary!
PIRATES! – Ages 4 to 8
Ahoy me hearties! Come aboard to discover how pirates work and live together navigating the open seas! Explore Pirate’s Cove, hear tales of buccaneers and buried treasure, and practice talking like a pirate!
All Parties Include:
- Two hours of party space rental in a private room for maximum of 15 children
- 75 mins of guided themed activities and crafts with a trained museum staff
- Parking permit for host on scheduled day
- Table and chair setup with seating for party guests
- Time to explore the museum
- Food and drink allowed
- Kitchen available; no cooking onsite
Birthday Parties start at $225 for 10 children and 3 adults.
Additional children: $22.50 each (maximum children per party is 15)
Additional adults: $8.00 each
Parties are available on weekends only. There are two available time slots:
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For details call 604-257-8312 or email email@example.com
Policies and Fees:
- Please feel welcome to arrive at half an hour prior to the start of your party to set-up. Our Visitor Services Staff will be happy to help direct you to the room, as well as provide you with your parking pass and take payment for the party (we accept cash, credit, debit and cheques).
- You can bring your own food/drinks and plates, cups, napkins, etc. and we have a fridge/freezer available in the kitchen off of the party room; however, please note that we cannot have candles, sparklers or balloons in the museum and food cannot be cooked or heated on site as our fire alarm and sprinkler system is very sensitive to protect our artifacts.
- We provide basic decorations for our birthday parties but you are welcome to bring your own if you wish; just keep in mind that decorations cannot be fastened to the walls of window (and no helium filled balloons as they’ll set off the smoke detectors by floating up).
- Cancellations made a week or more before the date booked will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made 24 hours but less than one week prior will be charged a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be issued for “no-shows” or for bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before.
- You may obtain temporary parking passes from the admissions desk when you arrive.