Donate to the Vancouver Maritime Museum

Our collection is a valuable resource for education and research, with 35,000 objects, 150,000 photographs, and the largest maritime library in Western Canada. Beyond our collections, we bring our collective heritage to life by inviting a diverse range of voices to share their perspectives through exhibitions, talks, and programs for all ages. Each year, 200 schools take part in education programs that build a shared sense of belonging and responsibility within our community.  

As a charity, we rely on donations and sponsorships to cover 25% of our operating costs. In a normal year, earned revenue from our 60,000 annual visitors and government grants makes up the remaining 75%. The COVID-19 pandemic has seen our visitor numbers drop significantly, reducing the funds we rely on to keep our doors open and our programs running. 

Help us inspire an appreciation for the profound relationship between humans and the sea. Become a donor today! 

All donations over $25 are eligible for a charitable tax receipt. We also offer a range of donor benefits

Ways to Give

Donate Online

Use our online form to make a donation. You will receive a tax receipt for your gift via email.  

Become a Monthly Donor

Monthly donations help to give us secure income to continue our work. To become a monthly donor, select this option on our online donation form.  

Donate by Mail

To make a donation via mail, please send a cheque to: 

Donations at Vancouver Maritime Museum
1905 Ogden Avenue
Vancouver, BC
V6J 1A3 

Gift of Shares

To make a gift of shares, please contact development@vanmaritime.com 

Leave a Legacy

To learn more about leaving a gift in your will, please contact development@vanmaritime.com 

Have questions? Drop us a line.

The Vancouver Maritime Museum Society is authorized by the Canada Revenue Agency to issue charitable receipts for income tax purposes for gifts of cash, cheques and securities, during the donor’s lifetime or later by bequest in a will.

Legal Charitable Name: Vancouver Maritime Museum Society

Charitable Registration Number: 119261147 RR0001

Choose Your Fund

General Operating Fund

Help us inspire everyone to appreciate the profound relationship between humans and the sea. Your donation will support our exhibitions and keep our doors open, so we can continue to provide a place of connection and build a shared sense of belonging within our community.

Collections Fund

Our object collection, archive, and library tell thousands of stories about life on and around the Northwestern Pacific and Arctic Oceans. Your donation will go towards conservation, storage, and digitization efforts to make our collections accessible to as many people as possible.  

Education & School Programs

Support our education programs for children, families, schools, and adults that help build a shared sense of belonging within our community. Your donation will go towards paying for expert speakers and Indigenous knowledge-holders to run talks and workshops, buy materials for school education kits, and allow us to invest in the technology we need to deliver our programs digitally.  

Heritage Vessels Fund

We are home to a unique collection of heritage boats and vessels. Your donation will help us in our efforts to store, restore, and display heritage vessels in our care so we can share them with our community for generations to come*.   

*If you would like to make a donation towards a specific vessel, please indicate this in the Notes field of your donation. Options include the St. Roch and the Miss Reveller, among others. For more information on the vessels in our care, contact development@vanmaritime.com 

Contact us

(604) 257-8300

info@vanmaritime.com

 

Hours

Monday - Sunday
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Statutory Holidays (excluding Christmas): 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

Visit

1905 Ogden Ave.
Vancouver, BC
V6J 1A3

CRA# 119261147 RR0001

Board of Trustees

Trustees