Enhance your visit with a private guided tour! Our knowledgeable guides will help you uncover the maritime history of the Pacific Northwest and Arctic, bringing to life the stories behind the many artifacts housed in the museum and on our spectacular vessels.
Tours range from 45 minutes to an hour for up to 15 people per tour. They are available for group bookings from Tuesday to Sunday at a cost of $100 per tour, plus admission to the museum for each member of your group. Please contact us to learn how we can tailor a tour to suit the needs and interests of your group.
To book your tour you can call 604-257-8312 or email email@example.com.
All private guided tours must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance and are subject to guide availability. Please note that all groups will be billed for a no-show and a $75 charge will be applied for cancellations made less than one week before the reserved date.
Tours may be available to the public on a drop-in basis – please check our upcoming events page for details.
St. Roch Engine Room Tour – all ages welcome
Climb aboard the RCMP Arctic Police Vessel, St Roch and learn about the ship’s fascinating history. Take part in a special guided visit of a unique part of the Museum not normally open to the public – the engine room and main hold of RCMP Arctic Police Vessel, St Roch. St.Roch Engine Room Tours are available to the public on the third Sunday of every month. You can book the tour here.
Heritage Harbour Tour – all ages welcome
Explore the RCMP St.Roch and take part in a guided tour of the ship’s main deck. Then, discover the stories behind the vintage vessels moored just steps away from the VMM in Heritage Harbour.
Feature Exhibit Tour – all ages welcome
Explore our feature exhibit with an in-depth guided tour. For information on the exhibitions, see the featured exhibitions page.
Arctic Exploration Tour – kid friendly
Journey all the way North and learn how the peoples and animals of the Arctic live! Visitors will learn about six different Arctic animals, discover how the Inuit adapt to the cold and snowy climate, and visit the St. Roch to learn what it took for the crew to find their way through the Northwest Passage.
Arr! Pirates tour -kid friendly
Ahoy Mateys! Are you cut out to live the life of a pirate? In this tour, visitors will explore a replica ship’s forecastle, learn about how pirates lived on board their ships, and visit the St. Roch in order to find out how it compares to a real pirate’s vessel!
Ships vs. Boats tour -kid friendly
Explore some of the Vancouver Maritime Museum’s most popular galleries and learn about the differences between ships and boats. In this tour, attendees will visit the Claridge Model Ship Gallery and the RCMP St.Roch ship before taking a trip down to Heritage Harbour.
Policies and Fees:
- Please arrive 15 mins prior to your program start time. Note that late arrival could result in the cancellation of your programs.
- The Minimum Fee for your program, visit, tour, or toolkit is due at the time of your booking. Costs for additional students and adults can be paid for on the day of your program.
- Bookings cancelled a week or more before the date booked will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made at least 24 hours before but less than one week prior to the date booked will be charged a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- The VMM does not issue refunds for bookings cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- You may obtain temporary parking passes from the visitor services desk when you arrive.